Saturday, October 25, 2008

Off Sides, thats a foul


Footy was a real good match today. We (meaning the greatest team in the SPL: The Celtic) managed to keep a nice 3 pt lead ahead of the Huns (meaning the Rangers) I had planned to listen to the game live and both Cali and I were pumped!

We spent all morning watching youtube clips of the Celtic and I answered the many questions Cali had. He now says he used to be an Italy fan because they kick the ball hard but now he is a Celtic fan because thats the best team in scotland and he is Scottish Canadian. lol too cute. We listened to Celtic supporter songs while I fried up home fires and bacon. Then came time to tune into the game. I bring up BBC sports, connect and alas its only available for UK residents. WHAT IS THIS SHITE??? I just listened to a under 19 match the other day, so they only block the money maker??? I mean its not 1992 anymore , the internet has no boundaries.

Cali stayed excited to listen as I fumbled around the internet trying to find a uk proxy to use. No luck. So he lost interest and resigned back to the living room for Saturday morning cartoons with his brothers while I was stuck watching the live text version of the game. Oh what a way to watch a match , every two minutes it updates you with what has happened. Its bollocks and thanks BBC radio you can kiss my white and green arse.

Bee had popped out to do some shopping early this morning and upon her return it was well into the second half with me glued to the screen. I think the ref. carded someone for dissent and I followed with cursing like any good supporter would. Um yeah we have 3 sets of young ears in the other room it was kindly pointed out. Guess I need to work on my potty mouth, especially with Colin starting to copy what we say. I am usually very good with it but sports get the best of me. (No sly remarks mum, see you found my blog ;-)

We have some lovely weather here in Eastern Ontario today, rain rain and more rain. The fisherman in me is happy since it will raise the river and the salmon will run from the lake on up. I was upset I missed the last run and I will be up at a godforsaken hour tomorrow to hopefully hook into a few. On the downside walking your hundred pound plus dog in the rain really does suck.

No comments: