Sunday, October 12, 2008

Riverside Zoo and Thanksgiving in the borough.






What an awesome day we had. The weather for this Thanksgiving weekend couldn't be better. Its like summer out there. No complaints from this family. We headed over to Peterborough to visit the Ball side of the family and have a meal. I love being in East City. Its where my heart will always be. We took Colin to the Riverside Zoo. I have been going there since I was his age and boy they have done alot to it the past few years. I had to get my bearings but they still had my 3 fav. things. The train which is a blast. The Meerkats and the big ole carp that hang around the old monkey house. Colin was a peach to be with even tho he insisted on pushing his stroller everywhere. He enjoyed all the animals but I think the big hill was his favorite. I know it was mine when I was a kid , we used to run up it just to roll right back down. He didn`t get the rolling part down but he sure knows how to climb up it. It was Bees first time being there and I love sharing pieces of my childhood with her. Grandma and Grandpa had a blast too and it was nice to spend some quality time with them.

Afterwards we headed over to Bovas (Southside baby) for dinner. It was great to see all the kids (my cousins that are all the same age as my lads) My only regret is that Cam and Cali weren't there but thats a whole other story and not appropriate for our blog. Dinner was amazing and my Nana and Papa looked like a Million bucks. I love seeing those 2 together. Over 50 years of marriage and the family to show for it. I hope one day I can sit around with Bee and enjoy the family we have created like they do. My grandparents have a very special place in my heart and to see my Nana back with us is such a blessing and a miracle. I can't express how thankful I am. Anyho it was a great evening. We are all tired today but the thanksgiving fun doesn't stop.

Stay tuned for pictures of Blue , our new 4 legged friend.....

No comments: